St. Robert Bellarmine provides a comprehensive curriculum that is aligned with the California State Standards and the Common Core State Standards. Students receive instruction in religion, reading, language arts, math, science and social studies. In addition to these core subjects, students also receive weekly instruction in Spanish, music, physical education, and computers. Students in sixth through eighth grade receive differentiated math instruction through the accelerated math program that gives students the opportunity to receive advanced math instruction.
We assist students in their pursuits of becoming self-disciplined and self-directed in their learning through the following:
- Building a community of learners conducive to learning
- Allowing students to demonstrate knowledge through the use of all their unique skills
- Exposing the students to guest speakers and community presentations
- Participating in city, state and national contests, including the Academic Decathlon hosted by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Discovering faith through classes and activities in Scripture, Sacraments, the Catechism of the Church, and ethics
- Emphasizing the value of self-discipline and commitment
- Surrounding students with faculty and staff who are role models of faith and academic excellence
- Encouraging each student to accept the challenges of being a Christian in the world today
The St. Robert Bellarmine advantage is demonstrated through the values that permeate the school community. These values challenge students to improve the world by sharing Gospel values and living Christ’s message of salvation. They understand the foundation of their faith and their responsibilities as Catholic Christians.
Values which promote service to the community are an important part of the St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic School experience. As a faith community, we create a culture which encourages students to participate in Service Hours. This process enables them to appreciate the lives that they have, and to reinforce the idea that we are all called to serve God through serving others.